Starting and Planning Your Business: An Introduction
Starting a business is a test of self-motivation, multitasking, efficient management and careful organization. Refer to these articles for practical tips and guidelines on leadership development, funding, planning, resources, market analysis and dozens of other topics in the start-up domain.
- Lay the Groundwork - Launching your own company means learning about planning, funding and letting the “leader” in you come forward.
- Duplicate a Thriving Business: Franchise! - An excellent way to start a business and tip the chances of business success is to franchise.
- Existing Biz or Brand - New Venture? - Buying an existing company offers a proven infrastructure and built-in staff but starting one from scratch can be an adventure!
- Choose the Right Business Location - Choosing the right location for your business can mean the difference between success or failure. Here are successful criteria to help you choose.
- Get a Handle on Capital - Plan your capital needs early so that your business can weather any financial storm.
- The Business Plan and Beyond - There are very few downsides to writing a business plan. It offers so many benefits and it does not have to be complicated. If you want to win, have a plan for success.
- Legal Requirements: Minding the Details - Here are tips on setting your business right legally from the start. If it is done right early on, headaches can be avoided later.
- Products and Services: Make Sure the Price is Right - Pricing products and services competitively can present a real challenge. Use these guidelines to do the job right.
- Looking Ahead: Issues and Challenges - There are a host of issues as a small business owner that you must be aware to keep your business afloat. Find out what they are here.
The information provided is meant for general informational purposes only and does not constitute tax, business or legal advice.