Follow some simple steps to help you succeed in selling online.
Selling products and services online has become commonplace today with millions of small business owners experiencing exposure that they would not otherwise realize without the power of the internet. The online marketplace allows companies of all sizes to promote themselves to an audience around the globe. While the idea of selling online may seem simple, there are a few other intricacies involved such as setting up a website and payment portal, customer service, and the return policy.
- How Your Website Helps Your Company - A website serves as a 24/7 marketplace where customers can learn more about a business or product.
- Purchasing a Domain Name - Choosing a domain name is just the first step to realizing success online, selecting a simple and memorable URL is crucial.
- Choosing a Web Hosting Service - Web hosting services offer a variety of features and price points to choose from depending on an individual site’s needs.
- Understanding Site Design - A website serves as the showcase for any business or storefront, that’s why it is important that a website can provide all of the information needed right at the visitors fingertips and also provide a user-friendly design.
- Getting Started in E-Commerce - Online shopping carts allow for a website to make sales 24/7 without having an actual person manning the storefront.
Optimizing Your Site
- Understanding Search Engine Optimization - Providing valuable content that people want to read and utilizing proper keywords can aid in ranking higher within search result pages.
- Sitemaps Help Search Engines Find a Business - A sitemap can aid in getting found by major search engines and also ranking higher within the results pages.
- Analytics Provide Web Traffic Insight - Analytics tools can provide powerful insights into how customers and prospects are attracted to a website and what content is most valuable to them.
- Real-Time Social Media Research - Utilize social media research to learn more about what prospects and clients think about service and product offerings.
Promoting Your Site
- Essential Online Directories - Directory listings are important because they help search engines create local results from what might otherwise be a global search response.
- Boost Business with Email Newsletters - An e-newsletter offers many benefits to a company in order to help promote a product or service and additionally helps to stay top-of-mind.
- Promoting Word-of-Mouth Success - Favorable recommendations or reviews are hard to match. Learn ways to inspire customers to say nice things about your company.
- Adding Video Blogging to Your Marketing Mix - Video blogging offers businesses an effective way to reach prospects and customers with short interactive videos that put a human face to a company.
- Securing Your Company’s Website - An e-commerce site under attack could lose business and inflict reputational damage on a company. By completing a few simple steps you can ensure that a company’s website is protected against hackers.
- Protecting Your Company Blog from Hackers - Performing frequent updates of a blogging platform and regularly backing up content are just a few of the top ways to protect a blog against hackers.
The information provided is meant for general informational purposes only and does not constitute tax, business or legal advice.